Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:01:46 -0500
From:      Al Johnson <Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net>
To:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP LaserJet 6L

Hey folks,

I'm trying to migrate all my ciritical functions from Win95 to FreeBSD.
Ya, I hear you all groaning now :)  Since I'm no expert at this, been a
long time since I was a unix sysadmin, I need assistance with the filters
needed for this printer.  I have successfully printed plain text on the
HP from the directly connected system sort of.  An lptest > /dev/lpt0
gets me a sheet of paper with a single line printed on it.  Obvisouly not
what it's supposed to generate.  Anyone with a filter or an adequate printcap
definition for this (or just about any PCL) printer I would really appreciate
an email copy.

In addition, is there any special setup required to get the appropriate
conversion from a Win95 print job to the printer via Samba?

 -- Al