Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2014 20:34:01 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.1-RC1 Now Available --- lagg disables network inside jails

Hi,

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 21:32:47 -0400
Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> The first RC build of the 10.1-RELEASE release cycle is now available

I installed this shortly after your e-mail came. The result was the
same as with BETA3. If you remember, I have had the problem that the
network inside jails stopped working after I installed BETA3. The
upgrade to RC1 did not change anything.

I took now the time to investigate a bit. The result is simple. All
works as expected until lagg becomes enabled.

If I remember right, BETA1 was my last working version.

I have an em and an iwn interface in the machine. I can use both of them
without any problems.

As I can reproduce this problem 100%, it might be a good idea if I help
you to find the source of the problem. My problem would be: how.

If somebody could tell me where to start looking for the error, we
might find it soon.

Erich