Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 1995 08:50:58 +0200 (MSZ)
From:      Michael Class <michael.class@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printer setup/configuration

Hey J"org,

this is simply not true! I am using a FreeBSD-1.1.5-Box as an
Printer-Server for 3 different local printers and a couple of
remote ones. It works fine for over a year now.

In the very beginning I had the same Problems than you, but it was
only that I forgot to give every single printer a different
spooling-directory.

Bye

Micha

On Fri, 8 Sep 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> Does it actually handle multiple printers correctly?  Last time i
> tried (1.1.5.1, but the lpd stuff hasn't changed much), lpd was broken
> enough to throw every request onto the printer that's just being
> active at the time the request has been made, gratuitously ignoring
> the "-P" argument.
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

michael class		               michael.class@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
       ZDV Uni-Tuebingen, Morgenstelle C2-P28, Tel. +49 7071 29-7539
        PGP-Public-Key: finger Michael.Class@x500.uni-tuebingen.de