Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:45:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        brian@mpress.com
Cc:        Jason Bennett <jason@r33h142.res.gatech.edu>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wingz

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997 brian@web001.mediacity.com wrote:

> > I just d/led the binary for Wingz for Linux. When I tried running it
> > under 3.0, I got this:
> >
> > /usr/local/Wingz/bin/Wingz: can't open cache '/etc/ld.so.cache'
> > /usr/local/Wingz/bin/Wingz: '/lib/libXpm.so.4' is not an ELF file
> > /usr/local/Wingz/bin/Wingz: can't load library 'libXpm.so.4'
> >
> > 	Now, I supposedly have Linux binary compatability set. And I
> > think those files are in different places on my machine. Has anyone
> > else tried this?
>
> Both 1.4.2 and 2.2.1 of WingZ are working great on my system.
> Don't recall doing anything special.

I saw your posting, and decided to download wingz and the linux-libs from
the ports collection.  the linux-libs seem to have much the same names as
lot of my current FreeBSD-libs, and I _really_ don't want to get them
mixed up.  How do you have your linux libs organized?

> brian

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |