Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:25:51 +0000
From:      Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
To:        Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise ATA-133 support?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:05:20AM +0100, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > Try reading through
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html
> >
> > which has info on how to track -stable
> >
> > basically installing cvsup and using the following file to update your
> > source:
> > /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
> >
> > then rebuilding your world and kernel.
> >
> > To be honest I'd recommend against going to -stable at the moment as
> > there's been a rush of MFCs recently due to the source going into code
> > freeze ready for 4.5-RELEASE in january. If you leave it for a week or
> > two then it'll be in code freeze where it's meant to be very stable :)
>
> I REALLY need the ATA133 support... So I don't think I have a choice. I've
> tried Linux, but the buffering there REALLY sucks, so I can't use it

Well, it should be OK, but if it doesn't build when you first try it,
just update your sources and try again as these problems get fixed
quickly. If you still have no luck try emailing the freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
mailing list.

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"