Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 19:18:25 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
Cc:        hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Weird message trying to install FreeBSD

> I just got four brand new FreeBSD 2.2.8 CDs from Walnut Creek and started
> to install FreeBSD on an assembled PC.  I inserted the Installation Boot
> CD (1) into the IDE CD-ROM and booted from it.  Then in the kernel

1. Please send things like this to -questions in the future.  The -hackers
   mailing list is NOT for discussing installation problems, it is for
   discussing technical issues relating to development.  I have
   redirected followups accordingly.

2. Try not configuring your hardware at all in the visual mode
   editor. Without looking over your shoulder it's difficult to say,
   but it sounds like you may be removing or modifying something you should
   not.  If it still happens with no changes, it's possible that your
   hardware is ill since I generally only see that trap with systems
   that have bad memory or cache.

- Jordan