Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:49:57 +0800 (CST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Stephen=20Liu?= <satimis@yahoo.com>
To:        Danny MacMillan <flowers@users.sourceforge.net>, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Open Office - installation problem

- snip -
> > I'm expecting a reply from Joshua or other folks
> to my
> > posting whether I can stop running 'make clean'
> the
> > ports trees in the mid-way.  In doing so it won't
> > damage the OS.  After clarification I shall
> install
> > 'automake' first. then install/upgrade to
> > 'ORBit-0.5.17_2' and then install OOo 1.1.1
>
> You should be able to stop the 'make clean' with no
> ill effects.  If you
> =really= want to clean your whole ports tree, run:
>
> make -DNOCLEANDEPENDS clean
>
> in the /usr/ports directory.  It should go about a
> thousand times faster.

Hi Danny,

Tks for your advice.

It is much faster.  After running about 3 hrs it goes
to;

===> Cleaning for mod_jk-apache2-1.2.2
===> www/mod_layout
===>  Cleaning for mod_layout-3.2.1
===> www/mod_layout2
===>  Cleaning for mod_layout-4.0.2a
===> www/mod_limitipconn
===>  Cleaning for mod_limitipconn-0.04_1

What is the tag/syntax '-DNOCLEANDEPENDS'
representing?

To run:
# cd /usr/ports
# portsclean -CDD