Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 20:12:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        menders@valleynet.com (Max Enders - Technical Support)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tech support (mail help)

Max Enders - Technical Support wrote:

> I was wondering how I could use popclient (should I be using something
> else?) to retrieve my mail from my provider's machine and read it locally
> on my FreeBSD box using pine.  I don't want to use mail or elm. :)  I'd

	get a copy of popclient.  i am using  "popclient release 3.0b5"
	beware of version2.12 (?).  it retrieved mail and threw it away ;(
	on the serer you willl need qpopper.  both are ports, i believe.

	modify /etc/inetd.conf to include a line for popper
"pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/popper       popper"