Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:34:13 +0100
From:      Konstantin Saurbier <konstantin@saurbier.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Accessing serial console of Fire V210

--Apple-Mail-29-185245087

Hi,

i've bought a used Sun Fire V210 and wanted to install FreeBSD 8.0 onto =
it.
If I connect to the serial management port (ALOM) the input is severely =
broken.
The output of the server, ALOM, OBP and FreeBSD install-dvd is ok, but =
my input
is garbage. It is no direct 1-to-1 key mapping, but rather random mixup:

Try		Input			Response
1		111111111111	531?1?5351q1
2		111111111111	3=C2=B15??3?1?1?q
3		111111111111	?=F1=B1=B1=B1?1?1????3

Serial settings: 9600, 8N1, no flow control. I tried different computers =
and programmes
(cu, tip, kermit, minicom, screen, zterm and hyperterm).

Is it a hardware error of my usb/serial-dongle?
I is a Prolific Technology PL2303 based device:

ugen0.2: <Prolific Technology Inc.> at usbus0
uplcom0: <Prolific Technology Inc. USB-Serial Controller, class 0/0, rev =
1.10/3.00, addr 2> on usbus0

Any hints or directions?

Best regards,
Konstantin Saurbier=

--Apple-Mail-29-185245087
	name=PGP.sig
content-description: Signierter Teil der Nachricht
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-29-185245087--