Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:08:34 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TV Tuner cardbus

--=-u0ZxfDUwkzAHJ1uuzeSB

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 13:41 +0200, Frederic Chardon wrote:
> Hello the list!
>=20
> I want to buy a TV tuner for my laptop to have a simple S-video input. Af=
ter
> some googling it appears it is not so simple...
> Does the chipset PHILIPS SAA7134 is supported or still not? I ask before =
it
> seems much more common than the bt8xx. As the manufacturers rarely say wh=
at
> type of chipset is included on the card, is there a kind of list somewher=
e?
> Can someone share his/her experience with such things and know some cards
> that Just Work?
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Frederic

Hi Frederic. The kbtv2 port has included a driver for SAA713x based
boards, but only for a few cards, and (iirc) only for composite capture.
Since thats what you want, it may work out ok. Buy the card locally, and
ask if you can take it back if it doesn't work...

Tom

--=-u0ZxfDUwkzAHJ1uuzeSB

--=-u0ZxfDUwkzAHJ1uuzeSB--