Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 22:46:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NE2000 Plus not probed correctly?

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> If the card has an 'iomem' setting, it's not an NE2000.

    Okay, I didn't know that.  I guess the ed0 driver ignores the
iomem setting when dealing with a real NE2000 then?

> Point the Crynwyr NE2000 packet driver at it and see whether it finds
> it.  If it does, then it looks like the 'ed' driver is losing,
> otherwise perhaps it's not an 8390-compatible.

    I'll send the Crynwyr drivers over to the owner of the machine and
let him fiddle with it.  The NDIS drivers under DOS and the OS/2 Warp
Connect drivers are able to use the card, however.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.