Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:00:40 -0500
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Changing configuration options for ports

I've posted this question about building GSSAPI into my Cyrus-SASL port
installation a couple of times, but not receiving any response to how to
make the changes to the port install. I just need to confirm what I'm
doing is correct, can't seem to find anything in the Handbook related to
re-installing the same port to enable support options.

Right now, I am just editing the Makefile and adding the config options
I need and then 'make deinstall' and 'make reinstall'. But this doesn't
seem to work. The port builds OK, but no support for the option enabled.
For instance, Cyrus-IMAPD, I add to the Makefile
'--with-krb=/usr/local/lib' under the CONFIGURE_ARGS section, but
afterward, no support for Kerberos. Can someone just tell me what I'm
doing wrong.

--
Robert