Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 1996 08:35:27 +0200
From:      "Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm broken on 2.1.5-RELEASE / XFree86 3.1.2S

Hi there,

I just upgraded my 2.0.5 system to 2.1.5.  Everything works
wonderfully except for xterm which gives me a

Error 23, errno 25.  Inappropriate ioctl for device.

It seems this is related to the pty that the xterm opens, since I can
start an xterm on a known file descriptor, for example.  Emacs (which
I assume uses ptys for subprocesses and subshells) also works fine.
I've tried regenerating the pty devices with MAKEDEV, also to no avail.

Help would be *much* appreciated.

Cheers =8-} Mike