Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 19:59:49 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Bob Reed <bobr@MetaSW.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missintg file on CD "floppies/atapi.flp"

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Bob Reed wrote:

> I just purchased "The Complete FreeBSD" book with CD rom
> distribution.
>
> Page 38 of the book says I need to use "floppies/atapi.flp"
> to book up on my EIDE system.  That file is NOT on the CD...
>
> Where can I get it?
> Is there an alternative way to boot up my EIDE system?
>
> Also, page 14 liste "kernel.IDE" as being on the CD.
> This is also missing.
>
> regards,
> bobr@metasw.com

You don't need that. The book was written in 2.1.0R times, and the CD you
have is (presumably) 2.1.5R. With FreeBSD 2.1.5R you don't need a special
boot floppy to recognize the EIDE CDROM, just use the standard boot floppy.

Note that the best chance of getting your CDROM to work is to set it up
as the slave of your hard disk on the primary IDE controller of your
motherboard.

Good luck,
Nadav