Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:30:45 -0400
From:      George Morgan <gemorga2@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Hitachi SCSI drive...

A friend has a Hitachi UW (SCA-2) 18.3 GB drive which has
problems.  When FreeBSD 4.0 Release trys to initially probe the
drive, it reads the info fine.  When it tries to do a read capacity (or
read the partition table) we get the following messages:

No active SCB for reconnecting target 0
Saved TCL=0x90 ARG_1=0xFF SEQADDR=0xFF

and it keeps doing SCSI bus resets returning the same message
infinitely (or at least as long as I chose to watch it)

NT doesn't like the drive much and seems to have problems writing
the partition table.  All other drive reads and writes seem to work
ok.  Using the Adaptec BIOS, we did a verify on it and found no
errors. (it didn't report any at least)

Any ideas?
George Morgan
Virginia Tech