Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2015 23:43:16 +0530
From:      Sai Prajeeth <csprajeeth@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pmcstat profiles kernel

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the list that addresses this question but here it
goes. I would like to count hardware events such as instructions retired /
unhalted-core-cycles for all the systems for BOTH OS and APPLICATION. I am
aware that pmcstat has a system wide monitoring mode that counts events
across all the CPUs for all processes. I want to know whether the
statistics for kernel code are collected as well ? (which I dont think so).

Thanks!