Date:      27 Dec 2001 16:23:18 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.dk, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Gilbert <agilbertm@earthlink.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-STABLE crashes - suspects new ata-driver over wd-drivers

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 15:20, ian j hart wrote:
> Myself and others have had IDE related problems. Search
> the stable and hardware mail archives for
> UDMA and ICRC [and ianjhart] for examples.
>
> There is also the "only supports 16MxN RAM" feature.

Maybe I should toss in that I've had spontaneous reboots during heavy
IDE activity both on my desktop (VIA 82C686) and my laptop (Intel
82443BX).  And before that, random disk corruption during heavy SCSI
activity on my old desktop machine (seen with Tekram and Acer
83C575-based host adapters and a borrowed Adaptec 2940).

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu