Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:00:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        mij@soupnazi.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/35014: lame port does not depend on Gtk so far.

On 16 Feb, Jim Mock wrote:

>  > >How-To-Repeat:
>  > Look at ports/audio/lame/Makefile (CVS revision 1.20).
>  >
>  > >Fix:
>  > Cut off "USE_GTK=yes" in the Makefile (CVS revision 1.20).
>
>  I noticed this a few weeks ago, but apparently I forgot to tell the
>  maintainer.  I think the default should definitely be without GTK, and
>  add a knob for those who want to build with the GTK front-end.  I'll
>  come up with a patch and send it to the maintainer.

The GTK front-end is a frame analyzer. It may only be useful if someone
wants to analyze the internals of mp3 encoders. If someone wants to do
this, he will maybe use Maate instead of LAME. I don't think mp3x is
worth the effort until someone requests it.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.