Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 06:29:45 -0700
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        sean.lawrence@cantire.com
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should I continue?

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:40:56 -0000, sean.lawrence@cantire.com
> wrote:
>
> >Which distribution did you use? Xuser, User, minimun..
>
> I did all full blown everything whenever I was asked.

If I were in your place I would just reinstall, its quick and easy, and by now
would have been up and running completely.
Do the 'Novice' install from the Main Menu.
Then at the Choose Distribution menu, judging by your email, you might want to
choose the 'X User' option..
Then make sure you go through each option on the XFree86 Installation screen -
you need to go through the Basic, Server, and Fonts choices individually ( or
choose All from the menu).
That then brings you up to the Choose Installation Method screen and the rest
is mostly self-explanatory, just depends on whether or not you have a nic
installed.
Make sure you get the XFree86 stuff done, you will be asked to select a port
and mouse type, then the screen goes gui and you can set up your monitor and
video card, and resolution.
--
Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems