Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:52:08 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Martin_Waschb=C3=BCsch?= <martin@waschbuesch.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   print/cups overhaul (PR 207746) side-effects

Hi all,

I just did a rebuild of packages for my webservers with poudriere.
What I noticed was that via the print/cups overhaul (see PR 207746),
quite a lot (>50) of additional dependencies are added to the system, =
including
lots of x11 related libs, avahi, dbus, cairo, opengl, etc.

This stems from installing pecl-imagick which results in pulling in =
ImageMagick,
ghostscript, and cups.

Now, of course I can manually remove port options and reduce the number
of additional dependencies, but I feel uneasy about the defaults now.

If I wanted to adjust an existing port to be less greedy with regards to =
dependencies,
how would I go about that? Create a slave port?

Thoughts, anyone?

Martin=