Date:      12 Feb 2001 14:51:18 -0000
From:      "Kam Salisbury" <freebsd-stable-local@insignia.com>
To:        sketchy@insignia.com
Subject:   Re: Constantly crashing SMP box

-snip

>No they weren't, thanks for the tip.  I'll give that a try and see
>what happens - odd that it only affects the 2nd cpu though.
-snip

Just noticed and checked my SMP box as well. I have an ABit BP6 with two
Celeron 400 CPUs (I know, whimpy CPUs but they were cheap) and the 2nd CPU
always runs hotter than the first. I tried reapplying thermal grease, better
(3pin thermo controlled) fans and even switching CPU positions, the CPU in
position two is always running 4 to 10 degrees hotter on average.

Kam Salisbury
Network Alchemist
http://www.salsolutions.net/