Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 2017 11:17:08 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Button-less mice??!?

--IZo0yZFqN3M7MR32

I've been (ab)using my current laptop (Dell Precision M4800; ref,
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Dell_Precision_M4800?highlight=3D(\bCateg=
oryLaptop\b)>)
for about 33 months now, and the time is approaching that I need to
determine what its replacement will be.

Overall, I have mostly liked this laptop, so I started looking at Dell's
more current offerings in the "Precision Mobile Workstation" lineup.

One of those that looked comparable to the M4800 is the 5520... and then
I noticed that for a built-in "pointing device," it has a trackpad
(which is fine)... but there are no (separate) mouse buttons: apparently
there are regions of the trackpad, such that the driver is supposed it
interpret tapping in the specified region as a press.release of a
certain mouse button

Do we support that?  (I only run FreeBSD on the laptop, so I don't
really care what other OSs do or fail to do.)

Thanks!

Peace,
david
--=20
If Trump is "taking names" re: the UN Jerusalem vote, he can add mine.

--IZo0yZFqN3M7MR32

--IZo0yZFqN3M7MR32--