Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:37:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        nsouch@teaser.fr
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: nlpt & polling mode didn't work

On 29 Dec, Nicolas Souchu wrote:

>>$Subject anymore after cvsup (98.12.24).
>>The working one is around release (sorry, can't be more specific).
>
> September, October...?

~1 day before release.

>>The problem:
>>It takes a looooong time to send data to the printer.
>
> Printing is ok?

I think (nobody wants to wait more than 15 minutes for the page).
BTW: I have only 3rd person access to it. Its the system of my brother,
and hi is only an user.

> This is polling... and interrupts?

Its an additional 3rd party interface card (a little bit old). Only
polling possible (no modern features like e.g. ECP).
Over the motherboard chipset everything is fine (only interrupts
tested).

> What's your chipset?

The 3rd party cards have
MP101D
HC138
ALS00A 17KD (Texas Instruments?)
and
HM82C11C 9739 C79N5
on them.

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> Btw., the question about which printer also belongs here.

There are two printers connected, a HP OfficeJet 635 via the on board
chipset and a Kyocera FS-600 (laser) via the 3rd party card. Connecting
the laser to the motherboard port works fine, but on the 3rd party card
it needs ages to print a page. As already mentioned, this didn't happen
with ~3.0-release.

Bye,
Alexander.

--