Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:18:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Presence <presence@irev.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SMP in 3.4-stable

  I maintain three FreeBSD 3.4 web and database servers that are hard hit
every day.  One of the servers is a DualP400 with 1Gig of ram that hosts a
MySQL database which holds all the call records for our long distance
customers.  The other servers have 512 megs for our LD web site (laden
with crummy perl code) and another serving as a dns server. Their
performance is great and each have uptimes of over 100 days.  Often I use
one of them as an X client to also run netscape and whatnot onto my crummy
workstation's xserver, never any problems.  :)