Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:13:39 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>, Robert Burmeister <Robert.Burmeister@UToledo.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, bacon4000@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: devel/libsysinfo

--Ik7tnBElw64kD3vP0hnRrIRPbTGAxf7tJ
From: Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To: Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>,
 Robert Burmeister <Robert.Burmeister@UToledo.edu>
Cc: ports@FreeBSD.org, bacon4000@gmail.com

--pNRVj3tawWeIkgkv1At7xpF4FO8wqc8QA

Le 22/09/2016 =C3=A0 13:37, Kurt Jaeger a =C3=A9crit :
> Hi!
>
>> which depends on libsysinfo 0.0.2_1, GNU libc's sysinfo port for FreeB=
SD
>> devel/libsysinfo
>> which is now
>> "BROKEN: Unfetchable (google code has gone away)"
>>
>> LXDE is a very nice lightweight desktop environment
>> that I have been using while waiting for the LXQt port.
>>
>> I am preparing to upgrade to FreeBSD 11 and recompile my system.
>>
>> Will the ports formally hosted by google code find a new host soon?
> Only if you provide one -- and a patch for the port.
> There's discussion on how to handle the vanished google code repo
> and it's not decided yet.

There is no discussion, there are two possibilities for each port:

- The software for the port has a new home, the port should be updated
to reflect that
- The software for the port is dead, and if nobody adopts it (by that, I
mean become upstream), it will eventually be removed.

--=20
Mathieu Arnold