Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:29:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        smm@uunet.uu.net (Steve Mansfield)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: O.k. - boot managers.

> Now, here's my situation.  I can boot my system again just fine from BSD or
> DOS.  I have to use DOS' FDISK to switch active partitions, but it works.
> Now, I want to install a boot manager so that I can boot either one without
> FDISK.  When I tried BOOTEASY, it did the right thing with the DOS drive,
> but did the wrong thing with the BSD disk (gave me a menu - even after I
> told it to boot FreeBSD, it just gave me another menu...8-).  Are there
> other boot managers that do the right thing with two disks each with their
> own OS on them, or is there simply a good switch to send booteasy that
> wasn't evident from the info it came with?

The boot manager loads the boot code from the second disk when you tell
it to go to the secon disk.

So you have a second boot manager.

When you select FreeBSD on that, it should boot.

Maybe you don't have an MBR/boot manager on the second disk at all?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.