Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:31:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Valgar Allslayer <valgar@slacker.cu-online.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading...

I currently have 2.1.6 installed on my system. I began the install from a 2.1.5 cdrom, unfortunately I couldn't get FreeBSD to recognize the cdrom drive once the process had begun. Thus I was forced to install via FTP, thus I installed 2.1.6 rather than 2.1.5. Now I want to upgrade to either 2.1.7 or 2.2 I attempted to use SUP, but after receiving all the sources I began the compile and it would run for about 2-3 hours then dump on error code 1. I then attempted to install via /stand/sysinstall. After setting the version in the options editor I would
attempt to log in via ftp. It would log in, then sit at a blank screen.
Is there any surefire way to upgrade?