Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:05:00 +0100
From:      rene@xs4all.nl
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1012733627.438b56@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uscanner Acerscan 620U not detected while present (Frustrating! plz help!)

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 04:53:47AM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> rene@xs4all.nl types:
> > I am soooooo fed up with this little problem I'm having of not having my
> > FreeBSD detect my Acerscan 620U scanner... PLEASE gimme some detailed help
> > here.
> > <SNIP see original post>
>
> Where's the part of dmesg that shows the scanner being found? It
> should either be uscanner or ugen. That's the critical part of dmesg
> for this question.

It does not show up in dmesg.

Is there any way to detect if my USB circuit is dead, or
it's the scanner that's dead, appart from maybe hooking up a primary harddisk
with windoze installed and/or hooking the thing up to another PC with USB?

I only have a visor USB cradle as another USB device, which I might try under
freebsd. But I do not really feel like installing and configuring
other software that I don't use.