Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 08:47:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Bruce M. Walter" <walter@fortean.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AHC/WD driver status...

Hello all,

I just picked up a Digital Personal Workstation 500au and am looking
forward to getting to work on making FreeBSD happy on it.  Thing is that
the previous owner pulled the QLogic and substituted an IDE boot drive and
an AHC 2940UW for the scsi controller.  Since neither are supported by the
latest SNAP I wanted to see if either have been worked on or are close to
ready for testing, thich I'd be more than happy to do.  (I realize I won't
be able to boot from the SCSI drive, just want it recognized).

If not I'll wait for the QLogic from eBay to show up (looks like 1-2
weeks).

- Bruce

Bruce M. Walter, Principal
NIXdesign Group Inc.