Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:02:50 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: processor question

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

On 2002-03-27 14:34 -0800, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:
>=20
> I always love to see the "Energy Star" logo come up on boot on
> my machines.  It means that it took three times as much energy
> to manufacture them as they would have additioanlly used during
> their entire operational life, had they not been "Energy Star"
> -ified.  I guess some people just like to pay extra for their
> electricity so that they can pay for it up front.

Terry,

Could you explain why Energy Star certified machines take thrice
as much energy to manufacture?  I've never heard about that.
Thanks.

Greg
--=20
Gregory S. Sutter                   Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm
mailto:gsutter@zer0.org             for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll
http://www.zer0.org/~gsutter/       be warm for the rest of his life.=20
hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net/0x845DFEDD

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87