Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:35:53 +0200
From:      Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Java, IPv6, and DNS SRV query type

--------------enig3BD2B5D82E0963DB9F929ABF

Benno Overeinder wrote:

> Just for clarification, you also compiled and installed jdk16 (ports
> package java/jdk16)?  And the test program also fails to resolve the DN=
> SRV request _xmpp-server._tcp.google.com?  The test program is more or
> less the isolated code from the Openfire XMPP server.

I am sorry - you're right. My jython was hard-coded to use diablo 1.5
and I could get the same result as you using 1.6 compiled from source.

There is something wrong how UDP packets are sent to the IPv4-mapped=20
address.

I don't understand this fully yet, but I have posted a PR with a sample=20
test case in C:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D127057

Either:

1) structures in the attached C program are incorrect - so then we have=20
a Java bug (or rather in our Java patches)

or:

2) something is really strange in the kernel (I doubt that, but...)
I've had a quick look at sys/netinet6/udp6_usrreq.c but it looks fine.

--Marcin