Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:08:36 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus@eternamente.info>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gstripe problem

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 01:08:13AM -0300, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> hail,
>=20
> I have a problem with gstripe on today stable. I created this stripe usin=
g a bit more old stable (two weeks tops) and it can't be read on old stable=
 (from 30/12/2008). So I recreated in 8-BETA1 and I could mount and see fil=
es. When I tried again on 30/12/2008 stable and todays, on PII machine (i38=
6):
>=20
> [root@xxx ~]# gstripe status
>           Name  Status  Components
> stripe/stripe0      UP  ad4s2
>                         ad6s2
> [root@xxx ~]# gstripe list =20
> Geom name: stripe0
> State: UP
> Type: MANUAL
> Stripesize: 4096
> ID: 2302026851
> Providers:
> 1. Name: stripe/stripe0
>    Mediasize: 1242615693312 (1.1T)
>    Sectorsize: 512
>    Mode: r0w0e0
> Consumers:
> 1. Name: ad4s2
>    Mediasize: 621307846656 (579G)
>    Sectorsize: 512
>    Mode: r0w0e0
>    Number: 0
> 2. Name: ad6s2
>    Mediasize: 621307846656 (579G)
>    Sectorsize: 512
>    Mode: r0w0e0
>    Number: 1
> [root@xxx ~]# ls /dev/stripe/
> stripe0		stripe0c
> [root@xxx ~]# mount /dev/stripe/stripe0 /null=20
> mount: /dev/stripe/stripe0 : Invalid argument
>=20
> on 8-BETA1 it works, but can't create stripe on it and use on this stable=
 box though. the stripe already has files ! so anything weird could make me=
 loose my data ...
>=20
> the 8-BETA1 is amd64 and core 2 quad cpu.
>=20
> any hints ?

'gstripe create' command doesn't store any metadata, it creates
temporary device (see Type: MANUAL). If you want your stripe to show up
after reboot, the command you're looking for is 'gstripe label'.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--