Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:24:02 +1200
From:      C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mail Filters and Install Kudos (was Re: What string to filter Fr

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Could anyone share with me what strings they use to filter their
> FreeBSD lists. I have tried a few things, but every now an then
> messages go unfiltered..

I'm tending to filter on the Sender: header, but the problem is that
the contents seem to periodically change. For example chat's sender
has just flipped from owner-chat@freebsd.org to
owner-freebsd-chat@freebsd.org. Both chat and isp seem to do this on
semi-regular intervals. If it's not possible to keep these fields
constant due to the software in use (or if the changes are deliberate
to serve some other purpose) perhaps an X-Mailing-List: freebsd-chat
header or something would be useful?

On a completely separate note, I'd just like to congratulate the
freebsd team on the user-friendliness and quality of the CD-ROM
install procedure. I've been running a machine on 2.0.5 for a while
now and although I've been subscribing to the CDs since the end of
last year I've only just had a chance to use one of them (2.2.2) for
an install. The 2.0.5 system had been installed off floppies so by
comparison I was amazed and delighted at the simplicity of the
procedure for the current release. Cheers!

							-- C.
--
Craig Harding   Acting Director, Massey University Television Production Centre
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly