Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:53:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PICOBSD problems: won't compile SH

Hello.

In FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE-p2 I have a problem with PICOBSD:
we use PICOBSD for our security purposes and therefore it is
important to resolve the problem occured.

While compiling a CD/Floppy Image I receive this error:

cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -DSHELL -I. -I/usr/src/bin/sh -Wall -Wformat    -c /usr/src/bin/sh/parser.c
/usr/src/bin/sh/parser.c: In function `readtoken':
/usr/src/bin/sh/parser.c:748: invalid operands to binary -
*** Error code 1

I deleted twice the whole PICOBSD path and cvsupdated it again (TAG=RELENG_4_6).
Then I did all the settings from scratch except the PICOBSD kernel config
file and the content of floppy.tree/etc within my own configured PICOBSD.

Compiling all the other stuff in src/release/picobsd make no problems. Compiling
the same failing stuff on a machine running 4.7-RC results in no errors so I
guess there is somewhere a config mistake. We downgraded our servers from
4.7-RC back to 4.6.2-p2 two days ago. I think it could be very likely that
a change in a config file I saved forces this error (files:
PICOBSD
floppy.tree/ -content

configured from scratch:
crunch.conf

Any hint?

Thanks a lot.

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)