Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:52:04 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <cmakin@nla.gov.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GPL Licence Query

A friend and I have been reading the GNU GPL licence and the library
licence and, of course, we don't understand them. (We were doing this
seperate the GPL discussion going on)

Would someone be willing to clear up a question?

Our reading of the licence indicates that all object code produced by
GNU C, even if you don't use any GNU libraries, would be infected with the
GPL.  Obviously the FreeBSD team has a different interpretation.  Can
someone explain what that interpretation is?

Carl.

--
Carl Makin (VK1KCM)  <http://email.nla.gov.au/~cmakin/>;
C.Makin@nla.gov.au  'Work +61 6 262 1576'   "Speaking for myself only!"