Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:48:37 -0700
From:      "Scott Worthington" <SWorthington@hsag.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CERT Advisory CA-99.15 Buffer Overflows in SSH and RSAREF2

As of December 14, 1999, it looks like the port rsaref, found in
/usr/ports/security/rsaref, has been fixed.

It successfully builds now without the patch errors.

Thanks goes out to the rsaref port maintainer.

>>> "Scott Worthington" <SWorthington@hsag.com> 12/14/99 09:51AM >>>
<CUT>
</CUT>

My /usr/src are cvsup'ed every evening in addition to /usr/ports.
'make world' was performed Monday, Dec 13 and kernel is 3.4-RC.

I have 'make deinstall' rsaref-2.0 and attempted to=20
'make reinstall' but I get this error:

=3D=3D=3D> Patching for rsaref-2.0
=3D=3D=3D> Applying FreeBSD patches for rsaref-2.0
Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to rsaref.h.rej
*** Error code 1
Stop.

This error was generated after an initial 4 out of 4 hunks ignored
and 'make reinstall' was performed again.
The error can be generated on machines that had rsaref previously
installed as well as machines that never had rsaref installed.

Are the patches for /usr/ports/security/rsaref broken now?