Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:13:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@ppp-207-193-0-141.kscymo.swbell.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with compaq honoring warranty.

i thought i'd pass this along to the -lists.

after having my compaq oem seagate cheetah commit hari-kari on monday,
i have ran into some serious roadblacks getting warranty coverage on
this drive i bought brand new in july.

compaq, at the director level, refuses to honor warranties on any disk
drive bought via ebay, even if it comes brand new in an unopened
factory sealed box when you receive it.  they refuse to honor the
warranty even when you read off the manufucture date [03/27/99].

does anyone have any insight how i can get this drive replaced?  this
is only seven months into the two year compaq warranty.  a call to
seagate reveals this is the ST-118202LW, and that they *SOLD* warranty
to compaq, and thus seagate cannot cover this. and that it has to be
dealt with through compaq.

is there anyone that can help me get the warranty coverage i am
entitled to?

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or