Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:48:06 -0400
From:      "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freevo for FreeBSD

Folks,

I recently offered to take over the Freevo port maintenance and am
now listed as the maintainer.  I have prepared a freevo-1.7.0 port
update, along with a new multimedia/py-kaa port which is now needed
to support freevo.

Both ports work and the resulting freevo application produces
acceptable TV recordings with a Hauppauge PVR-350 video card and
the cxm driver.

However, I find that I do not have the time to polish the ports or
to continue with long-term maintenance of them.  They are not yet
submitted for FreeBSD committing because I have not completely
checked the port dependencies or plists and because I have noticed
one non-critical issue for which I haven't had time to determine a
patch.

Current versions are at:
	http://opal.com/jr/freebsd/ports/multimedia/freevo/

Anyone care to take over maintenance of these ports (multimedia/py-kaa
and multimedia/freevo)?

	-jr