Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:13:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        skafte@worldgate.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kde

 * From: Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>

 * ok partially inaccurate I would do a tag=RELEASE_3_0_0 or now a RELEASE_3_1_0
 * but I found that in the case of kde11 that the RELEASE_3_0_0 tag was the beta
 * where tag=. had the "latest" stuff.....

Assuming I'm understanding you correctly, you're confusing branch tags
with (release) tags.  I'm saying that there is no RELENG_* in the
ports tree because that's a branch tag.

There do exist RELEASE_* tags which are basically "snapshots" of a
given release date.  So, with RELEASE_3_1_0, you get the tree in the
shape when 3.1R was released.  Since these are snapshots, they never
move, so you won't get anything new by cvsupping with those tags
daily.

Satoshi