Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:33:52 -0800
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time to shut down this list?

On Monday 27 December 2004 19:16, you wrote:
> On Monday 27 December 2004 06:50 pm, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
> >
> > One of my ideas is to come up with a short, succint version of the
> > newbies list charter and to have it appended to every message, as a
> > list signature. Would any of you "frequent newbie flyers" like to
> > have a go at the text for this?   This gentle reminder should inform
> > them to seek help on technical questions on the -questions list, and
> > refer to the newbies list charter via URL.
>
> How about something like, "freebsd-questions is not a technical help or
> support list. See: http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/ "
>
> > *You* of all people should know where to find the official list
> > charter.  ;^)
>
> Me, specifically? Well, yes, but I'm not sure why me, of all people ...
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#E
>RESOURCES-CHARTERS

Ah, sorry, I meant the inclusive "you" as in the previously referred-to
"frequent newbie flyers".  And perhaps another sentence or two describing
what the newbies list IS for?

But thanks for stepping up on this, I'm sure you'll come up with something
good, communicate it to core@, and someone there will shepherd it over to
postmaster.  You see, I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow morn...

--
         Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?
Wes Peters                                                wes@softweyr.com