Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:19:02 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can qpopper run as a daemon?

	As far as I know you can only run it out of inetd.  I would imagine
there might be a couple of reasons, such as in order to change pid it
forks off another process anyway.  So even if you had 10 people checking
mail at once you'd still have 10 qpopper's running around, each with the
id of user.  That way only the user checking the mail has access to
his/her mail.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu