Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:17:03 -0500
From:      "Bosko Milekic" <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
To:        <luigi@freebsd.org>, "Rich Wales" <richw@webcom.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fw: if_ed.c && BRIDGE

Hi Luigi, -net:

    There seems to be a problem with the BRIDGE-specific
"optimization" in if_ed.c. What it does is avoid getting a packet from
the card if bridge_in() says that we're going to drop it. However, the
code is broken and something eventually leads to a page fault.
Disactivating this portion of if_ed.c rids us of the problem, but
doesn't "fix it" properly.

    Rich has some debugging information including, I believe, a crash
dump. Rich, if you can please post that here (i.e. the backtraces and
fault information) as I seemed to have lost it (grrrrr, sorry about
that).

    I would rather not just disable the BRIDGE section of if_ed.c to
"mask out" the problem.

Regards,
Bosko.

Rich Wales wrote:

> Bosko --
>
> That "if_ed.c" patch you had me try (commenting out the
packet-dropping

http://www.webcom.com/richw/