Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:57:30 +0100
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating security fixes without single user mode?

Hello to all,

At my workstation I'm tracking STABLE with no problems.

At my server I just want to update the system with security fixes, etc.

My question is:

Tracking RELEASE_4_3 (for a RELEASE 4.3 system) is a good option, but after makeworld and makekernel, I need to
go into single user mode and make installworld and mergemaster.

The problem is that my server is at US and I live in Portugal! So, it's impossible to run
the system in single user mode.

What is the best way of maintain the system updated without single user mode?

Patches? Packages?

Thanks in advance,

Nuno Teixeira
Dir. Técnico