Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 13:39:28 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        Tihomir Vassilev <TVassilev@dker.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network Configuration Question

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:14:13PM +0300, Tihomir Vassilev wrote:
> When doing post installation procedures with sysinstall (immediately after new installation) the box next to Interfaces (Network Services Menu) could not be checked after inputing network parameters -- after answering the question "Would you like to bring the xl0 interface up right now?"
> In spite of this the network is operational exept for inability to browse LAN in KDE 3.0, even after tuning needed network parameters for LAN browsing. The following error message appear when trying to browse LAN from Konqueror: "Could not connect to host localhost!"

Hi Tihomir,

It seems to me that your trying to connect to a webserver running on your
own machine. If this is the case, check your /etc/hosts for the existence of
a 127.0.0.1 localhost line. If this is not the case, for some reason
Konquereror connects to your localhost, double/triple check the url
you use then.

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers