Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:54:50 -0400
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MKHTLMINDEX fails XFree86 build

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 01:50:34AM -0700, Yuri K wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> apologies if it is not the right forum: I am very new to all
> this.
> I tried to buld XFree86-Server from port and got this little
> problem running portupgrade

Basically, the build system is making assumptions about what is in
your path.  While I, personally, believe that this is bad practice
and all commands should be specified as full paths, I can't get it
changed.

So, you have to insure that /usr/X11R6/bin and /usr/local/bin are in
your PATH when you build.

The evil section of /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk starts at line 1075
for about 15 lines.  Part of mine has been changed to read

XMKMF?=                 ${X11BASE}/bin/xmkmf -a
MKHTMLINDEX?=           ${X11BASE}/bin/mkhtmlindex

which would also, likely, solve your problem.

/\/\ \/\/