Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:10:52 -0600
From:      "Paul Armor" <parmor@dotnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPoE

Okay, I feel stupid...

I've got a 4.2 Release box set up as a firewall with some clients behind it.
I'm using my BSD box as PPPoE client.  My problem is the "win clients can't
get to certain web sites" issue, I've verified by sending large ping packet
from outside and it gets lost between tun0 and internal interface.  I've
tried the tcpmssd.rc stuff, but have not been able to get it working
properly (all packets hit the divert rule, but drop somewhere inside).  Can
anyone suggest anything?

Here are various details...
4.2 release

options         NETGRAPH
options         NETGRAPH_ETHER
options         NETGRAPH_PPPOE
options         NETGRAPH_SOCKET
In kernel

myprofile:
 set device PPPoE:fxp0
 set mru 1492
 set mtu 1492
 set authname XXXXXX
 set authkey XXXXXX
 set log Phase tun command
 set dial
 set login
 set ifaddr <real ip addr>/net <real ip add>/net
 add default HISADDR
In ppp.conf

network_interfaces="auto"
ifconfig_fxp0="up"
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="dedicated"
ppp_nat="NO"
ppp_profile="myprofile"
ifconfig_fxp1="inet <real public ip addr>  netmask <real netmask>"
ifconfig_tun0="inet <real public ip addr> 0.0.0.0 netmask <real netmask>"

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!!