Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:54:59 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD misc chating list)
Subject:   Re: Sysadmin magazine (FWD)

--------

obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu uttered with conviction:
>Here is a message I sent and the reply to it. :-((
>
>    Sad.
>
>-- David

>Name: David O'Brien
>E-mail: obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu
>Topic: Linux issue
>Body: I just noticed the call for articles for the "Linux" issue.
>
>Please don't turn Sys Admin into the "Linux Journal II".   There is
>already a magizine targeted torward Linux users, I don't use Linux, and I
>really don't care to read an entire issue devoted to it -- if I did, I
>would subscribe Linux Journal.
>
>Why not focus that issue on the larger scaled "Free Unixes"
>that would include Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mach, Hurd, etc.

 This is not a flame.. however...

 hmmm... this isn't necessarily as diplomatic as it should have
 been. When soliciting exposure, we should be positive in our
 approach. I like the idea of asking them to take an interest in our
 operating system of choice, however, backing them into a corner with
 accusations is certianly not going to convince them to consider it.

 Next time lets try a more positive view.. I am currently working on a
 paper for the rag... supporting a Problem Queueing system for SA's
 and ISP's. Most of the development was done on FreeBSD and I am
 going to try to emphasize that in my article.

  -branson
  -branson

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?