Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 21:34:05 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@iquest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        dkelly@vespucci.iquest.com
Subject:   NE2100 and FreeBSD?

Playing with both the official January release of FreeBSD and the 21095
snap, I have failed to figure out how to compile in support for my NE2100
ethernet card. I made a copy of GENERIC named DMK, added:
device lnc0 at isa? port 0x360 net irq 9 drq 3 vector isintr
(which I believe to be correct and acceptable), yet the kernel crashes
on "ifconfig lnc0 inet 44.100.48.19" and any other variations.

At boot time, FreeBSD nicely says, "NE2100", so at least something I'm
doing is right.

FWIW, the host is a 486DX33 with Symphony chipset. 8M, MGA video.

Thanks, David