Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 20:58:36 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        dillon@earth.backplane.com
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, grog@lemis.com, tlambert@primenet.com, mckusick@mckusick.com, mi@misha.privatelabs.com, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, ru@FreeBSD.org, fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [kris@obsecurity.org: Re: cvs commit: src/etc rc]

From: Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:44:31 -0700 (PDT)

>     I have to say, just IMHO, that as much as I like the concept of a
>     background fsck, I will never ever in my life use the feature.  I'll

Well, there are fscks and there are fscks.  It's my impression that
*all* a background fsck on a snapshot will ever do is return free
blocks to the freelist.  That's it.  It won't do any one of the dozens
of other crazy things you've probably seen fsck do in cleaning up a
badly scrogged filesystem and hence your fear, unless I'm smoking some
unusually strong crack, is likely unwarranted.

- JKordan