Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:27:09 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
Cc:        kde-freebsd@kde.org, Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] hal-0.5.11.r2_4 does not play nice with	/usr/sbin/moused

> [..] stopping HAL from probing my mouse. So far it seems to work.
> Turning off moused may be a better fix.

After trying all the proposed solutions, it seems that the easiest
workaround (and the one with the least side effects) is to add the
following line to the "ServerLayout" section of your xorg.conf:

Option  "autoAddDevices"  "false"

You can then leave both HAL and moused running. Once the problem has
been properly fixed in a future port revision, all you need to do is
remove that line.

- Bartosz